Because the individual and work site health are virtually inseparable, both the individual and the corporate community need to do their parts to increase life expectancy and improve quality of life. It is a known fact that activity is the number one action a person can take to improve their health. Here are some tips to keep employees moving:
- Encourage a walking group and provide incentives for people who join
- Bring fitness instructors into the workplace and allow time for employees to participate
- Offer dance classes (the latest craze in exercise)
- Send e mail blasts reminding employees to stretch or perform an exercise
- Organize after work basketball, volleyball, or baseball leagues
- Offer a seminar on "the motivation to get moving"
- Reward employees for participating
There is no time to waste. Start your plan of action now. Set goals for your own employee fitness program today!