Adapted from Shiksa in the Kitchen, August 2011.
Place quinoa and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until cooked but not mushy, then remove from heat and cool. In a large bowl, combine parsley and mint, then add the cooked and cooled quinoa. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to develop.
155 Calories, 8g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 15mg Sodium, 17g Carbohydrate, 2.5g Fiber, 4g Protein
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 ½ cups chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¾ cup chopped mint
- 2 fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, very finely minced (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste